One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
conspirator, co-conspirator, conspirer, plotter, schemer, colluder, collaborator, conniverView synonyms
- ‘Double agents, intriguers, and power-seekers flourished, which was one of the reasons why much information about the Decembrists' conspiracy never reached responsible officials until it was too late.’
- ‘There one sees what Shakespeare saw: the absolute power of the tyrant, the courtiers, the flatterers, the jesters, the cunningly ambitious intriguers.’
- ‘Many of the other figures involved in the operation were egregious intriguers and strivers, mediocrities for whom the CIA's money was a godsend.’
- ‘As to her being a political intriguer, she was if anything rather apolitical.’
- ‘Where disturbances broke out in overseas territories at the Liberation in support of demands for independence, the French authorities blamed them either on Nazi agents or on British intriguers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.