One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
conspirator, co-conspirator, conspirer, plotter, schemer, colluder, collaborator, conniverView synonyms
- ‘Double agents, intriguers, and power-seekers flourished, which was one of the reasons why much information about the Decembrists' conspiracy never reached responsible officials until it was too late.’
- ‘There one sees what Shakespeare saw: the absolute power of the tyrant, the courtiers, the flatterers, the jesters, the cunningly ambitious intriguers.’
- ‘Many of the other figures involved in the operation were egregious intriguers and strivers, mediocrities for whom the CIA's money was a godsend.’
- ‘Where disturbances broke out in overseas territories at the Liberation in support of demands for independence, the French authorities blamed them either on Nazi agents or on British intriguers.’
- ‘As to her being a political intriguer, she was if anything rather apolitical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.