One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a very complicated or detailed manner.‘intricately carved figures’‘a nuanced and intricately layered performance’
- ‘Glossy black glaze covering the top portion of this piece runs down its intricately furrowed "neck."’
- ‘Variously shaped domes decorated by intricately laid bricks formed fascinating geometric patterns.’
- ‘His care for well-defined blocks of color is almost lapidary, like the intricately wrought components of stained-glass windows.’
- ‘The collage elements intricately play off the metaphoric conceits or evocative turns of phrase of the elaborately lettered texts.’
- ‘He peeled the disco ceiling back to find a steel support system, which he encased with intricately stenciled, boxed wood beams.’
- ‘Its intricately designed pattern of incessant movement unfolds with a remarkable smoothness.’
- ‘Large groups of these figures, most of them dancing couples, are intricately organized.’
- ‘This beautiful set piece is less a narrative than a series of intricately choreographed dances.’
- ‘The austere yet intricately planned installation unfolded like the entranceway to a temple of cognition.’
- ‘Bits of intricately cut paper define a pair of dogs, a floor lamp, even the stripes of the man's pants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.