One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Technically, it is easier to administer fluids subcutaneously than intravenously.’
- ‘If we try to give gene therapy intravenously, it probably won't make it to all the tumour cells.’
- ‘Antibiotics are usually started intravenously in the hospital, but many people can finish their treatment at home.’
- ‘This regimen advises that an initial dose of insulin be given intravenously and intramuscularly.’
- ‘Chemotherapy agents often take hours to administer intravenously, and patients have to be watched closely for side effects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.