One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring within a vessel or vessels of an animal or plant, especially within a blood vessel or blood vascular system.‘intravascular coagulation’
- ‘Cultures of blood, sputum, intravascular catheter tips, and wounds were used to confirm the presence of bacteria.’
- ‘Involvement of the muscular vessel wall and intravascular growth do not occur.’
- ‘One of the main sources of nosocomial bloodstream infections is intravascular catheters.’
- ‘Furthermore, enlargement of arterioles might increase intravascular pressure in the allograft and lead to enhanced vascular leakage.’
- ‘She was treated for septic shock followed by disseminated intravascular coagulation and multiorgan system failure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.