Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring within a vessel or vessels of an animal or plant, especially within a blood vessel or blood vascular system.‘intravascular coagulation’
- ‘Furthermore, enlargement of arterioles might increase intravascular pressure in the allograft and lead to enhanced vascular leakage.’
- ‘Involvement of the muscular vessel wall and intravascular growth do not occur.’
- ‘Cultures of blood, sputum, intravascular catheter tips, and wounds were used to confirm the presence of bacteria.’
- ‘She was treated for septic shock followed by disseminated intravascular coagulation and multiorgan system failure.’
- ‘One of the main sources of nosocomial bloodstream infections is intravascular catheters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.