One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring within a vessel or vessels of an animal or plant, especially within a blood vessel or blood vascular system.‘intravascular coagulation’
- ‘Involvement of the muscular vessel wall and intravascular growth do not occur.’
- ‘Furthermore, enlargement of arterioles might increase intravascular pressure in the allograft and lead to enhanced vascular leakage.’
- ‘She was treated for septic shock followed by disseminated intravascular coagulation and multiorgan system failure.’
- ‘Cultures of blood, sputum, intravascular catheter tips, and wounds were used to confirm the presence of bacteria.’
- ‘One of the main sources of nosocomial bloodstream infections is intravascular catheters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.