One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Within the uterus.
- ‘Both studies emphasized treatment as early as possible in pregnancy to improve the intrauterine environment for the developing fetus.’
- ‘A history of any trauma, prematurity, asphyxia, or congenital intrauterine infection that may damage the central nervous system should alert the clinician.’
- ‘Being underweight and exercising excessively can increase the risk of anovulation, subfertility, and intrauterine growth retardation in pregnancy’
- ‘Careful stimulation and monitoring in intrauterine insemination cycles should reduce the risks of too many follicles developing.’
- ‘Iron supplementation may improve maternal appetite, thereby increasing energy consumption during pregnancy with resultant increased intrauterine growth.’
- ‘Sonographic evaluation at presentation can usually differentiate between intrauterine and extrauterine pregnancy and offer some prognostic clues.’
- ‘The weakness of longitudinal studies is that, overall, first births are at a greater risk of intrauterine growth retardation, preterm birth, and stillbirth than subsequent births.’
- ‘Ultrasound picture of an ovary stimulated for in vitro fertilisation using a more aggressive regimen than used for intrauterine insemination’
- ‘This is called artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination.’
- ‘Labor is a process through which the fetus moves from the intrauterine to the extrauterine environment.’
- ‘Upper genital tract infection associated with intrauterine contraceptive devices is temporally linked to the insertion of the device.’
- ‘Several months ago, I delivered a 36-week fetus with intrauterine demise.’
- ‘Its superior resolution allowed much smaller intrauterine and ectopic pregnancies to be detected immediately.’
- ‘On a purely physical level, it makes sense to lie down for a few minutes after artificial intrauterine insemination, although not all infertility clinics insist on this.’
- ‘After counselling, she declined the insertion of an intrauterine contraceptive device, preferring the progestogen only regimen.’
- ‘If no correctable problem exists, the couple may wish to pursue treatment with assisted reproductive technologies such as intrauterine insemination.’
- ‘Two otherwise healthy pregnant women presented with intrauterine fetal demise and underwent unremarkable induction of labor.’
- ‘When appropriate, the use of an intrauterine contraceptive device or other barrier method of birth control is ideal.’
- ‘If monitoring of the middle cerebral artery indicates anaemia, fetal blood sampling and intrauterine transfusion are indicated.’
- ‘The principal causes are hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and severe intrauterine growth restriction, which is often associated with hypertensive disorders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.