Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Occurring within or administered into the spinal theca:‘intrathecal injection’
- ‘The cerebrospinal analysis shows that the protein was elevated after placing in the intrathecal catheter and administration of chemotherapy.’
- ‘Cerebrospinal fluid was obtained from the lumbar spinal taps or the intrathecal catheter.’
- ‘Myelography uses a contrast solution in conjunction with plain radiography to improve visualization of the spinal cord and intrathecal nerve roots.’
- ‘Administration of an intrathecal opioid injection before continuous epidural infusion is known as combined spinal epidural analgesia, or the walking epidural.’
- ‘Referral for intrathecal administration is useful in rare instances, such as when pain is intractable to standard treatment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.