Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Produced, occurring, or existing within a species or between individuals of a single species.‘intraspecific competition’
- ‘However, few studies have examined intraspecific diversity at individual resistance loci.’
- ‘The paucity of specimens has been a hindrance in determining intraspecific variability within this material.’
- ‘In Drosophila, paternal transmission has been detected in both interspecific and intraspecific crosses.’
- ‘Few studies have reported intraspecific tests within ant species.’
- ‘Another possible reason for the skewed distribution of genet size within patches is intraspecific competition among the genets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.