Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Produced, occurring, or existing within a species or between individuals of a single species.‘intraspecific competition’
- ‘Few studies have reported intraspecific tests within ant species.’
- ‘The paucity of specimens has been a hindrance in determining intraspecific variability within this material.’
- ‘However, few studies have examined intraspecific diversity at individual resistance loci.’
- ‘Another possible reason for the skewed distribution of genet size within patches is intraspecific competition among the genets.’
- ‘In Drosophila, paternal transmission has been detected in both interspecific and intraspecific crosses.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.