One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring or performed during the course of a surgical operation.‘it is a quick procedure with a low risk of intraoperative complications’‘an intraoperative endoscopy’
- ‘Several intraoperative factors may have influenced the outcome.’
- ‘Intraoperative bacterial cultures were obtained.’
- ‘Table 4 shows the intraoperative pain levels for the outpatient group.’
- ‘Two surgeons whose intraoperative protocols were identical participated in the study.’
- ‘The patient developed a post operative hematoma, probably due to the intraoperative damage to the inferior vena cava.’
- ‘In seven patients, the surgical approach was changed because of the intraoperative findings, mainly of "difficult" coronary anatomy.’
- ‘Each patient's chart and intraoperative photographs were reviewed to confirm the grading of partial-thickness rotator cuff tears.’
- ‘Furthermore, although we focused on intraoperative anaesthetic techniques, postoperative neuraxial blockade has been shown to have additional benefits, at least for pulmonary complications.’
- ‘Careful placement and padding will help avoid intraoperative injury to these regions.’
- ‘These women have to be identified with a variety of preoperative and intraoperative diagnostic procedures of limited accuracy.’
- ‘There was no general consensus among the orthopaedic surgeons we surveyed about how to cope with intraoperative death.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.