One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring or performed during the course of a surgical operation.‘it is a quick procedure with a low risk of intraoperative complications’‘an intraoperative endoscopy’
- ‘The patient developed a post operative hematoma, probably due to the intraoperative damage to the inferior vena cava.’
- ‘Several intraoperative factors may have influenced the outcome.’
- ‘Furthermore, although we focused on intraoperative anaesthetic techniques, postoperative neuraxial blockade has been shown to have additional benefits, at least for pulmonary complications.’
- ‘There was no general consensus among the orthopaedic surgeons we surveyed about how to cope with intraoperative death.’
- ‘Two surgeons whose intraoperative protocols were identical participated in the study.’
- ‘In seven patients, the surgical approach was changed because of the intraoperative findings, mainly of "difficult" coronary anatomy.’
- ‘Careful placement and padding will help avoid intraoperative injury to these regions.’
- ‘These women have to be identified with a variety of preoperative and intraoperative diagnostic procedures of limited accuracy.’
- ‘Table 4 shows the intraoperative pain levels for the outpatient group.’
- ‘Intraoperative bacterial cultures were obtained.’
- ‘Each patient's chart and intraoperative photographs were reviewed to confirm the grading of partial-thickness rotator cuff tears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.