Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or taking place within, or administered into, a muscle.‘an intramuscular injection’
- ‘The interferon is given via subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous route.’
- ‘The original review included intramuscular injections or immunizations as painful procedures.’
- ‘The intramuscular vaccine should be administered in the deltoid muscle and can be administered with other vaccines.’
- ‘But it's very hard work, involving things like lumbar punctures, high-dose chemotherapy, and intramuscular injections.’
- ‘Among hospitals giving intramuscular injections to term neonates, no differences were noted on the basis of infant feeding practices.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.