One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existing or taking place within a molecule.‘intramolecular forces’
- ‘The attractions of molecules for each other are called intermolecular interactions to distinguish them from covalent and ionic bonding, forms of intramolecular interactions.’
- ‘Here we seek to study inter- and intramolecular forces among water and biological molecules as models of the rudimentary interactions that govern protein folding.’
- ‘Gating currents represent intramolecular motions of ion channels in response to changes in transmembrane potential.’
- ‘This tertiary structure is stabilized by salt bridges, intramolecular hydrogen bonds, and four disulfide bridges.’
- ‘Studies of protein dynamics have shown that the interaction of the protein surface with the water molecule strongly increases the intramolecular mobility of the protein.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.