Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or taking place within a molecule.‘intramolecular forces’
- ‘Gating currents represent intramolecular motions of ion channels in response to changes in transmembrane potential.’
- ‘The attractions of molecules for each other are called intermolecular interactions to distinguish them from covalent and ionic bonding, forms of intramolecular interactions.’
- ‘This tertiary structure is stabilized by salt bridges, intramolecular hydrogen bonds, and four disulfide bridges.’
- ‘Here we seek to study inter- and intramolecular forces among water and biological molecules as models of the rudimentary interactions that govern protein folding.’
- ‘Studies of protein dynamics have shown that the interaction of the protein surface with the water molecule strongly increases the intramolecular mobility of the protein.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.