Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or applied within the layers of the skin.
- ‘Serum antibodies, direct urine measurement, and intradermal skin tests for mold sensitivity demonstrated a high correlation with exposure and with alteration of the immune system.’
- ‘Colonization was defined as having more than 15 colony-forming units of a pathogenic organism on the intradermal part of the catheter, as indicated by the semiquantitative roll-plate technique.’
- ‘The currently available BCG vaccine is for intradermal use only.’
- ‘A variety of intramuscular and intradermal rabies vaccination schedules are used worldwide.’
- ‘These results suggest that penicillin can be given safely to patients with negative intradermal skin tests to penicillin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.