Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Located or occurring within a cell or cells:‘intracellular calcium’
- ‘This process leads to cell lysis and the loss of intracellular contents necessary for cell survival.’
- ‘Modulation of intracellular calcium also affects organelle position and motility.’
- ‘In intact cells the probe was trapped both inside intracellular organelles and the cytoplasm.’
- ‘Lysosomes are intracellular organelles that specialize in breaking down cellular waste.’
- ‘In general, the innermost layer of the seed coat of legumes consists of irregularly shaped cells with large intracellular spaces.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.