One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being intoxicated, especially by alcohol.‘signs of intoxication’‘the intoxication of fame’
drunkenness, inebriation, insobriety, tipsiness, stupefactionView synonyms
- ‘It is our task to deal with all conditions of burns, intoxications and traumas, all kinds of accidents and falling off high places and metabolical conditions.’
- ‘But when you consider the levels of intoxication and the students' smutty fratboy humour, nothing is so certain.’
- ‘Alcohol meters to test levels of intoxication are being acquired.’
- ‘Six jurors believed, like the coroner, that it was acute cocaine intoxication.’
- ‘The test is recommended for on the spot testing whenever alcohol consumption is planned or intoxication is suspected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.