One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As noted in that Schedule, for purposes of distribution on an intestacy, the deceased was survived by fourteen nieces and nephews among whom, the net estate should have been divided equally.’
- ‘But if he dies without a will, the laws of intestacy determine who inherits what.’
- ‘Similar questions arise when the licensor becomes bankrupt or dies, and his trustee in bankruptcy or those entitled under his will or on intestacy seek possession of the property.’
- ‘Islamic law limits disposition by will to one-third of property; the law relating to the remaining fixed shares, and intestacy in general, is complex.’
- ‘By adopting someone who would automatically go to the front of the line for inheritance purposes in the event of intestacy, a decedent can deprive other angry relatives of standing to contest the will.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.