Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated between vertebrae.‘intervertebral joints’
- ‘Conjoined nerve roots are one pair of unilateral nerve roots in a unique dural sleeve that leaves the spinal canal through a single intervertebral foramen or at two separate levels.’
- ‘Cervical nerve roots exit the cervical spine through the intervertebral foramina between the vertebrae.’
- ‘Indeed, the tight articulation of the vertebrae throughout the vertebral column obscures details of accessory intervertebral articulations.’
- ‘The incidence of intervertebral narrowing and irregular ossification of the vertebral end plates has also been shown to be associated with increased age.’
- ‘A backbone is composed of a series of cartilaginous or bony vertebrae connected by collagenous intervertebral joints.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.