Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated between vertebrae.‘intervertebral joints’
- ‘Cervical nerve roots exit the cervical spine through the intervertebral foramina between the vertebrae.’
- ‘The incidence of intervertebral narrowing and irregular ossification of the vertebral end plates has also been shown to be associated with increased age.’
- ‘Indeed, the tight articulation of the vertebrae throughout the vertebral column obscures details of accessory intervertebral articulations.’
- ‘Conjoined nerve roots are one pair of unilateral nerve roots in a unique dural sleeve that leaves the spinal canal through a single intervertebral foramen or at two separate levels.’
- ‘A backbone is composed of a series of cartilaginous or bony vertebrae connected by collagenous intervertebral joints.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.