One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated between vertebrae.‘intervertebral joints’
- ‘A backbone is composed of a series of cartilaginous or bony vertebrae connected by collagenous intervertebral joints.’
- ‘Conjoined nerve roots are one pair of unilateral nerve roots in a unique dural sleeve that leaves the spinal canal through a single intervertebral foramen or at two separate levels.’
- ‘The incidence of intervertebral narrowing and irregular ossification of the vertebral end plates has also been shown to be associated with increased age.’
- ‘Cervical nerve roots exit the cervical spine through the intervertebral foramina between the vertebrae.’
- ‘Indeed, the tight articulation of the vertebrae throughout the vertebral column obscures details of accessory intervertebral articulations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.