One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated between vertebrae.‘intervertebral joints’
- ‘A backbone is composed of a series of cartilaginous or bony vertebrae connected by collagenous intervertebral joints.’
- ‘Cervical nerve roots exit the cervical spine through the intervertebral foramina between the vertebrae.’
- ‘The incidence of intervertebral narrowing and irregular ossification of the vertebral end plates has also been shown to be associated with increased age.’
- ‘Indeed, the tight articulation of the vertebrae throughout the vertebral column obscures details of accessory intervertebral articulations.’
- ‘Conjoined nerve roots are one pair of unilateral nerve roots in a unique dural sleeve that leaves the spinal canal through a single intervertebral foramen or at two separate levels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.