Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing between conscious minds; shared by more than one conscious mind.
- ‘This ‘material’ is an intersubjective product of two minds.’
- ‘When qualitative research is grounded in a subjective or intersubjective epistemology, it is critical that the researcher explicate his or her position so that the reader understands the full context of the study.’
- ‘Insofar as they do not attend to the perversions of freedom and the flesh that cruelty exploits, they fail to offer a legitimate understanding of our intersubjective lives.’
- ‘For example, a discussion of Wittgenstein seems to be present in order to show that Wittgenstein's social ontology is founded on intersubjective practices rather than objective structures.’
- ‘The answer to this is that nothing justifies this except widespread intersubjective agreement and the considerable success we have in getting around in the world and satisfying our needs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.