Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or occurring between different species.‘interspecific differences’
- ‘In this framework, a number of interspecific and intergeneric hybrids were grown and tested for fertility and fruit quality.’
- ‘When fed mixed leaves of the four species, the interspecific difference was very significant.’
- ‘It also provides the first evidence for an interspecific association between two ectoparasite species.’
- ‘Overlap in habitat is a prerequisite for interspecific competition to occur between these species.’
- ‘In Drosophila, paternal transmission has been detected in both interspecific and intraspecific crosses.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.