One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There does appear to be a growing awareness of intersexuality in the media and pop culture.’
- ‘This is largely because doctors avoid using the terms hermaphroditism or intersexuality around intersexuals and their parents.’
- ‘Such images look very much like (in fact, some of them are!) medical illustrations, and including them would perpetuate the medical/pathological model of intersexuality that I am trying to challenge.’
- ‘When I was doing first year women's studies I watched a video called ‘The Opposite Sex,’ which dealt briefly with intersexuality.’
- ‘The task force contains some of the leading physicians in the field, intersexual activists, and academics knowledgeable about some of the theoretical and ethical implications surrounding medical treatment of intersexuality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.