One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There does appear to be a growing awareness of intersexuality in the media and pop culture.’
- ‘This is largely because doctors avoid using the terms hermaphroditism or intersexuality around intersexuals and their parents.’
- ‘The task force contains some of the leading physicians in the field, intersexual activists, and academics knowledgeable about some of the theoretical and ethical implications surrounding medical treatment of intersexuality.’
- ‘When I was doing first year women's studies I watched a video called ‘The Opposite Sex,’ which dealt briefly with intersexuality.’
- ‘Such images look very much like (in fact, some of them are!) medical illustrations, and including them would perpetuate the medical/pathological model of intersexuality that I am trying to challenge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.