One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring between segments.
- ‘As in other Crabro species, the wasp's egg is attached to the soft intersegmental membrane of the cervix [throat] where the larva can readily penetrate the cuticle with its mandibles.’
- ‘This innervation pattern is repeated in all three thoracic ganglia, and it appears that each of these intersegmental axons supplies the VACs of all three ganglia with NOS-containing collaterals.’
- ‘Partial intersegmental division exists on the dorsal surface; the ventral surface has a rounded protuberance on its anterior proximal margin.’
- ‘With 3 or 4 preabdomen segments, a modified system of intersegmental muscles and tendons may have been evolved to act as a pump.’
- ‘This was usually seen on the dorsal abdomen, particularly in the region of the intersegmental membrane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.