Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring between segments.
- ‘With 3 or 4 preabdomen segments, a modified system of intersegmental muscles and tendons may have been evolved to act as a pump.’
- ‘Partial intersegmental division exists on the dorsal surface; the ventral surface has a rounded protuberance on its anterior proximal margin.’
- ‘As in other Crabro species, the wasp's egg is attached to the soft intersegmental membrane of the cervix [throat] where the larva can readily penetrate the cuticle with its mandibles.’
- ‘This innervation pattern is repeated in all three thoracic ganglia, and it appears that each of these intersegmental axons supplies the VACs of all three ganglia with NOS-containing collaterals.’
- ‘This was usually seen on the dorsal abdomen, particularly in the region of the intersegmental membrane.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.