One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage.‘through an awareness of intersectionality, we can better acknowledge and ground the differences among us’
- ‘Intersectionality offers important and necessary nuances to our work around race.’
- ‘The commonality and normativity problems are often grouped as issues in intersectionality.’
- ‘The nuances of intersectionality are important ways to make our scholarship more inclusive and focused.’
- ‘Intersectionality might be more broadly useful as a way of mediating the tension between assertions of multiple identity and the ongoing necessity of group politics.’
- ‘Intersectionality may be accommodated through a structural analysis of gender.’
- ‘This article has presented intersectionality as a way of framing the various interactions of race and gender in the context of violence against women of color.’
- ‘The new edition pays closer attention to intersectionality and hybrid identities.’
- ‘Intersectionality is about promoting equal rights for everyone.’
- ‘How can intersectionality help us articulate, listen to, and understand diverse experiences?’
- ‘Given the growing interest in intersectionality, the absence of comments on how racism intersects with class and gender relations is surprising.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.