Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage.‘through an awareness of intersectionality, we can better acknowledge and ground the differences among us’
- ‘Intersectionality is about promoting equal rights for everyone.’
- ‘Intersectionality may be accommodated through a structural analysis of gender.’
- ‘How can intersectionality help us articulate, listen to, and understand diverse experiences?’
- ‘This article has presented intersectionality as a way of framing the various interactions of race and gender in the context of violence against women of color.’
- ‘The new edition pays closer attention to intersectionality and hybrid identities.’
- ‘The commonality and normativity problems are often grouped as issues in intersectionality.’
- ‘Intersectionality offers important and necessary nuances to our work around race.’
- ‘The nuances of intersectionality are important ways to make our scholarship more inclusive and focused.’
- ‘Given the growing interest in intersectionality, the absence of comments on how racism intersects with class and gender relations is surprising.’
- ‘Intersectionality might be more broadly useful as a way of mediating the tension between assertions of multiple identity and the ongoing necessity of group politics.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.