One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage.‘through an awareness of intersectionality, we can better acknowledge and ground the differences among us’
- ‘Given the growing interest in intersectionality, the absence of comments on how racism intersects with class and gender relations is surprising.’
- ‘The nuances of intersectionality are important ways to make our scholarship more inclusive and focused.’
- ‘Intersectionality offers important and necessary nuances to our work around race.’
- ‘Intersectionality is about promoting equal rights for everyone.’
- ‘The commonality and normativity problems are often grouped as issues in intersectionality.’
- ‘This article has presented intersectionality as a way of framing the various interactions of race and gender in the context of violence against women of color.’
- ‘The new edition pays closer attention to intersectionality and hybrid identities.’
- ‘Intersectionality might be more broadly useful as a way of mediating the tension between assertions of multiple identity and the ongoing necessity of group politics.’
- ‘Intersectionality may be accommodated through a structural analysis of gender.’
- ‘How can intersectionality help us articulate, listen to, and understand diverse experiences?’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.