One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of computer systems or software) able to exchange and make use of information.
- ‘Users want to access an interoperable information world, where a set of separate repositories looks to them like a single information portal.’
- ‘They just want information technology to be interoperable, seamless, and less expensive.’
- ‘The standards and protocols used to access the Web are well defined and mature, making it fairly simple to achieve fully interoperable systems.’
- ‘Each had a vested reason to want a universal, interoperable ADSL standard.’
- ‘Standardized, interoperable cable modems would create a retail rush and remove the cost from service operators' books.’
- ‘In an interoperable system, with its single cable and standard components, changes to the system can be completed quicker and at a much lower cost.’
- ‘Open standards software products are designed to be interoperable with software from other manufacturers, but can be proprietary technologies.’
- ‘This concept is the vision of interoperable searching among state systems, based on uniform standards, profiles and best practices.’
- ‘All of them were well integrated by multiple communications links and interoperable computer systems.’
- ‘What I am interested in is helping make standards-based, interoperable computing for Indian languages a reality.’
- ‘In high-rises, for example, there is a requirement that the fire system be interoperable with other systems.’
- ‘The company says the software will also be interoperable with Java application server standards.’
- ‘The use of standards-based software to control interoperable hardware has always been a key design goal of network architects.’
- ‘They are not designed to be interoperable, to exchange information with other sites.’
- ‘These end systems are stable, interoperable, and well understood throughout the IT community.’
- ‘Network new product development goes beyond just using interoperable software.’
- ‘It's a good start, with many a hurdle to overcome, nevertheless the question of being able to make interoperable mobile payments will ultimately affect us all.’
- ‘The basic picture is that we have a groups of families of interoperable software tools with lots of overlap.’
- ‘The software is becoming increasingly interoperable with other systems, including GBS.’
- ‘Therefore, the solution must also take care of packaging and exchanging such context information in an interoperable manner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.