One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The energy in a system arising from the relative positions and interactions of its parts.
- ‘In still air, as internal energy is conducted from a warmer body to the surrounding air, the air near the object is warmed.’
- ‘Thermodynamics is the study of the inter-relation between heat, work and internal energy of a system.’
- ‘Atoms give up excess internal energy by giving off photons as electrons return to lower energy orbits.’
- ‘Temperature is a measure of the internal energy of a system - which contains both kinetic and potential energy.’
- ‘If all you know of this system is that its internal energy is E and its volume is V, then clearly there are many, many different states the system could be in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.