One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existing or taking place between molecules.
- ‘The other factor adding to the failure of the law of partial pressures at high pressure is the presence of weak, intermolecular forces.’
- ‘Moreover the now-effective intermolecular forces cause the molecules to arrange themselves into ordered groups.’
- ‘When there are stronger intermolecular forces between the molecules of a liquid, the surface tension should be greater.’
- ‘In a solid, the molecules are in close contact, and there is little intermolecular movement.’
- ‘The molecular model for ceramide channels is based on the ability of ceramide molecules to form intermolecular hydrogen bonds.’
- ‘It is quite possible that some kinetic pathway is overwhelmingly enhanced or entirely blocked due to intermolecular interactions or molecular packing.’
- ‘This kind of analysis can provide some information about the arrangement of acceptor molecules and intermolecular interactions.’
- ‘Brownian dynamics is a powerful theoretical method to study intermolecular interactions in solution.’
- ‘Some elements, such as the Noble Gases, exist with intermolecular forces and no bonding at all.’
- ‘These forces are called intermolecular forces, and are in general much weaker than the intramolecular forces.’
- ‘They are stretched and aligned in a way that will eventually allow them to form strong intermolecular links.’
- ‘Each sodium molecule is held in place adjacent to the next molecule by weak intermolecular forces.’
- ‘Both intermolecular and intramolecular DNA condensation has been observed experimentally.’
- ‘To understand the differences in properties of larger molecules, the additivity of intermolecular interactions becomes important.’
- ‘An intermolecular pair interaction between water molecules is also introduced.’
- ‘These interactions are attractions and repulsions due to intermolecular forces and the fact that the molecules have a definite size.’
- ‘Its value is dependent on intermolecular forces in the liquid and the molecular complexity of the compound.’
- ‘With the formation of intermolecular cross-links, the proportion of fast-reassociating DNA should increase.’
- ‘Most of the intermolecular forces are identical to bonding between atoms in a single molecule.’
- ‘In fact, even in liquids and solids intermolecular interactions are only strong for molecules that are next to each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.