Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The frequency to which a radio signal is converted during heterodyne reception.
- ‘When it comes time to perform an alignment on a Model 90 receiver, there has been a great deal of confusion over the years concerning the proper intermediate frequency to be used.’
- ‘TV detection works by detecting leakage from the receiver of the oscillator used to convert the received frequency down to the intermediate frequency used inside the receiver.’
- ‘The center frequency of the output range is called the intermediate frequency, or IF.’
- ‘The components are connected using an intermediate frequency that carries both power and data.’
- ‘In other words, depending on these intermediate frequencies, the bandpass filter circuit as well as the center frequency of the detecting circuit can be changed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.