One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Coming between two things in time, place, or character; intermediate.
halfway, in-between, middle, mid, midway, median, intermediary, intervening, interposed, transitionalView synonyms
- ‘In the case of online bookstores, the intermedial ground of local retailers is not so much eliminated as displaced.’
- ‘To her credit, she steers clear of the current vogue for intermedial approaches to cinema and painting.’
- ‘It was supposed that, wherever mountains are divided into parallel chains, the intermedial or central ridge must be more elevated than the others.’
- ‘Sudden leaps of logic, intermedial dénouements and deviation from the beaten track were typical, as in the Celtic Twilight Zone where 'Gospel truth' met 'myth'.’
- ‘The festival is meant as a platform to reflect the diversity of contemporary works, including intermedial and non-European music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.