One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Material used as an extra lining between the ordinary lining and the fabric of a garment, curtain, etc.
backing, facing, inlay, reinforcement, linerView synonyms
- ‘The interlining makes the fabric hang well and is a marvellous draught excluder.’
- ‘Our range of interlinings are not only super-soft, they're also packed with other properties to make the wearer feel more comfortable.’
- ‘Nonwoven interlinings are custom-tailored solutions as today's fashion fabrics often require support that won't detract from their natural design and handle.’
- ‘Use heavy material to line curtains or, even better, buy a special thermal interlining.’
- ‘Several trimming companies recently became members, offering goods such as linings, interlinings, buttons, zippers and lace, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.