One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A language or form of language having features of two others, typically a pidgin or a version produced by a foreign learner.‘the interlanguage of Dutch learners of French’
- ‘Tutuola writes in an interlanguage (as teachers of second languages call it) of Yoruba and English.’
- ‘The usual source of crosslinguistic influence in the interlanguage of a person learning a first foreign language is quite obviously his/her L1.’
- ‘The co-authors of this paper considered that EFL students' errors represented a developmental process in which a specific interlanguage (set of characteristic linguistic patterns) would merge.’
- ‘Immigrant varieties have developed, such as Toronto's Italese, an interlanguage resulting from three generations of contact between Italian and English.’
- ‘This article seeks to establish connections between two different language contact phenomena, interlanguage and codeswitching.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.