One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The decoration of the interior of a building or room, especially with regard for colour combination and artistic effect.
- ‘It is, in essence, interior decoration for renters.’
- ‘Finally, she told me I ‘had artistic leanings and would succeed in the world of interior decorating.’’
- ‘The place is a pinnacle of interior decoration for a coffee shop.’
- ‘The interior decoration in the public areas will also soon be finished.’
- ‘Apart from fiction, there are books on medicine, history, interior decoration, travel, cookery, fashion designing and puzzles.’
- ‘To attract more high-profile customers, he set aside nearly 10,000 dollars for interior decoration.’
- ‘Many a dealer spends a fortune on interior decoration, lighting and innovative display techniques.’
- ‘He also had a soft spot for interior decoration.’
- ‘He was famed for his work in stained and painted glass, interior decoration, and furniture design.’
- ‘The garden is looking good, the fish pond is planted and cleaning up nicely with its new filtration system, and the workshop is now weatherproof and ready for interior decoration.’
- ‘He also put over 1 million yuan into interior decoration.’
- ‘As the concept of interior decoration is gaining popularity, handcrafted materials made in the traditional style are much sought after to beautify a place.’
- ‘Along with flowerpots and utensils, they also sell decorated vases and other accessories for interior decoration like earthen bells.’
- ‘She has been using images from popular culture to create images which refer to a traditional form of interior decoration.’
- ‘We have bought the snooker tables and the building price includes interior decoration.’
- ‘Not many know that the artiste has a refined taste for interior decoration.’
- ‘Indeed, the squiggle-painted decoration in the original kitchen is representative of interior decoration in its earliest incarnation in America.’
- ‘That's £24,000 for things like holidays, interior decoration, digital cameras, mobile phones, Botox injections and all the other pleasures afforded by modern life.’
- ‘The property was completely refurbished just 12 years ago and is only in need of interior decoration and fittings.’
- ‘If you have a new apartment and a lot of money, would you rather spend it on long-term interior decoration or on a set of nice furniture?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.