Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The angle between adjacent sides of a rectilinear figure.
- ‘You'll find that the interior angle of a regular octagon is 135 degrees.’
- ‘An exterior angle of a triangle is greater than either remote interior angle.’
- ‘At each vertex of a triangle there is a couple of angle bisectors: a bisector of the interior angle and a bisector of the exterior angle.’
- ‘Most antique bow compasses have an interior angle between the cross piece and bow arm of 70 to 75 degrees.’
- ‘Hall apparently is ignorant of spherical trigonometry where the sum of the interior angles of every triangle exceeds 180 degrees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.