Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A thing produced by intergrowing, especially of mineral crystals in rock.
- ‘These intergrowths were very difficult to study.’
- ‘The early type has been noted microscopically in intergrowths with marmatite.’
- ‘White intergrowths of albite crystals are a common associate of amazonite and smoky quartz.’
- ‘Reticulated, generally triangular-appearing twinned intergrowths of slender prismatic crystals are typically referred to as ‘sagenite.’’
- ‘I was thus able to easily draw not only ideal crystals, but also crystals with distorted forms and all kinds of intergrowths.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.