One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument in which the interference of two beams of light is employed to make precise measurements.
- ‘The downward radiance measured by the infrared interferometer is a combination of thermal emission by atmospheric water vapor and by the cloud ice mass.’
- ‘It should be noted that the lengths of the arms of the interferometer on ground-based gravity wave detectors are on the order of 1 kilometer.’
- ‘Optical interferometers (and other refractive index sensors) have features that make them versatile platforms for biomolecular sensing.’
- ‘They might even beat the earth-based interferometers in detecting the first authentic gravity wave.’
- ‘The flip causes a tiny shift in the cantilever's vibration frequency, which is recorded by the laser interferometer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.