One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pattern formed by wave interference, especially one represented in a photograph or diagram.
- ‘Every 3°C, 50 interferograms were accumulated, apodized, Fourier transformed, and converted to absorbance spectra.’
- ‘It involves moving the reference flat of the interferometer in fixed steps with a piezoelectric stage, which shifts the fringes, resulting in a series of interferograms.’
- ‘This dynamic interferometer with a holographic optical element produces four phase-shifted interferograms imaged on a single detector.’
- ‘The interferogram exhibits well-defined Newton rings, indicating that the vesicle is not moving or does not show strong thermally excited bending fluctuations.’
- ‘When the two interfaces are very close together the path difference between the interfering rays is zero and the interferogram exhibits a minimum in the intensity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.