One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extra layer of material or an adhesive stiffener that is applied to the facing of a garment to add support.
covering, trimming, lining, reinforcement, backingView synonyms
- ‘To check the feel of a garment and its interfacing, isolate an area away from the seams.’
- ‘Outer fabric, interfacings, linings, shoulder pads, and finishes all react differently when washed.’
- ‘Linen garments require different interfacings, depending on your project.’
- ‘For the best results, apply a lightweight fusible interfacing to the facings and the upper collar.’
- ‘If the pocket will endure a lot of strain, reinforce the entire pocket area by applying interfacing to the garment wrong side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.