Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An extra layer of material or an adhesive stiffener that is applied to the facing of a garment to add support.
covering, trimming, lining, reinforcement, backingView synonyms
- ‘For the best results, apply a lightweight fusible interfacing to the facings and the upper collar.’
- ‘To check the feel of a garment and its interfacing, isolate an area away from the seams.’
- ‘Linen garments require different interfacings, depending on your project.’
- ‘Outer fabric, interfacings, linings, shoulder pads, and finishes all react differently when washed.’
- ‘If the pocket will endure a lot of strain, reinforce the entire pocket area by applying interfacing to the garment wrong side.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.