Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An extra layer of material or an adhesive stiffener that is applied to the facing of a garment to add support.
covering, trimming, lining, interfacing, reinforcement, backingView synonyms
- ‘Outer fabric, interfacings, linings, shoulder pads, and finishes all react differently when washed.’
- ‘Linen garments require different interfacings, depending on your project.’
- ‘For the best results, apply a lightweight fusible interfacing to the facings and the upper collar.’
- ‘If the pocket will endure a lot of strain, reinforce the entire pocket area by applying interfacing to the garment wrong side.’
- ‘To check the feel of a garment and its interfacing, isolate an area away from the seams.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.