One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carried out by teams or representatives from two or more Commonwealth countries.‘he won the Australian and Interdominion titles on the same course’
- ‘After that, the interdominion carnival looms.’
- ‘This is his sixth Interdominion title and the crew's third.’
- ‘He suffered damage to his heels in last Sunday's interdominion final.’
- ‘He holds all the aces in this year's high-stakes interdominion slugfest.’
- ‘Hall is relying on the West Australian runner to launch his bid for interdominion history.’
- ‘He very nearly took the risk of running the horse in the Interdominion semifinal.’
- ‘A large fleet of dinghies are currently sailing in Melbourne ahead of the interdominion championships.’
- ‘There's bad news for the bookies heading into tonight's radically changed interdominion heats.’
- ‘The favourite for the interdominion grand final will be decided by Monday's barrier draw.’
- ‘The three-time interdominion champion has drifted out.’
1940s: from inter- + dominion.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.