Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to more than one religious denomination.‘an interdenominational service’
- ‘The issue of getting an interdenominational church at Daisy Hill Hospital is one which is close to my heart.’
- ‘It will be unveiled during the interdenominational service on a new plinth and is the first permanent memorial to the dead.’
- ‘Located in Salt Lake City, the seminary is an interdenominational school of biblical and theological studies.’
- ‘It is Roman Catholic in its tradition, but interdenominational in its outlook.’
- ‘It is committed to The Westminster Confession of Faith, but is interdenominational in that it seeks to serve a variety of church communities.’
- ‘The interdenominational women's organization issued a news release following its January 27 meeting with denominational representatives.’
- ‘As the years passed, Quakers, Baptists, Methodists, and an interdenominational Protestant group called the New York Missionary Society joined the effort of proselytizing the Iroquois.’
- ‘There was a large interdenominational gathering to participate in the hour-long service.’
- ‘The weekend begins in Castlecomer Church on Friday evening and finishes with an interdenominational service in St. Mary's Church on Sunday morning at 11 o'clock.’
- ‘This was followed by a packed interdenominational service in the church, led by the Reverend Simon Wilkinson, before wreaths were laid at the town's war memorial.’
- ‘Priest Paul Haworth said: ‘For some people, interdenominational services can be a bit challenging.’’
- ‘You've been a Christian educator for many years, and in fact you're a minister of the church, an interdenominational church, is that right?’
- ‘The service was interdenominational and the theme was ‘In faith, women shape the future.’’
- ‘Eighteen churches throughout the Indonesian archipelago support this interdenominational Christian university.’
- ‘Most Baptist churches used either interdenominational materials or Southern Baptist materials.’
- ‘It was also an interdenominational event and readers from both church communities narrated the passion story.’
- ‘This will be followed by an interdenominational prayer service.’
- ‘It was interdenominational, with a different minister travelling out from town each week, giving sermons alternately in English and Afrikaans.’
- ‘This international and interdenominational service was compiled by the women of Romania.’
- ‘You may enjoy quiet time in the interdenominational chapel and view a waterfall through the window.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.