Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Taking place between cultures, or derived from different cultures.‘intercultural communication’
- ‘They hoped to foster intercultural communications with other Panamanians and emphasize the indigenous concept of natural resource patrimony.’
- ‘The inauguration of a new journal devoted to intercultural communication is a most welcome intellectual event.’
- ‘One problem that hinders intercultural communication is the tendency to see others and their behaviors through cultural filters.’
- ‘Are there strong intercultural differences between the U.S. and France in sexual attitudes?’
- ‘It's a big budget film and the hero will be an American actor so it will be an intercultural romance as well!’
- ‘Despite gaps between cultures, intercultural contact is age-old.’
- ‘The most astounding failure may be how the firm managed its internal intercultural communications.’
- ‘This is the first of two articles that deal with the topic of intercultural awareness and learning.’
- ‘But intercultural communication is a very vague term.’
- ‘He has organised several intercultural events in India and Italy involving scholars from both countries.’
- ‘This explains her wish as a novelist to encourage intercultural understanding among different peoples.’
- ‘Twelve business telephone conversations were analyzed in order to detect intercultural differences between speakers of Finnish and speakers of American English.’
- ‘You then get some insightful intercultural business communication tips for working in or with that culture.’
- ‘The separation of different population groups increased intercultural tensions and the different rates of progress led to political unrest and instability.’
- ‘But wouldn't it be better for intercultural communication if both local and foreign students were able to study in the international schools?’
- ‘I am the product of an interfaith and intercultural marriage.’
- ‘Kim also notes that analyzing one's own culture is essential to intercultural competence.’
- ‘It's a matter of giving faculty training in intercultural communication and understanding.’
- ‘He works in the areas of intercultural communication, second language acquisition and second language didactics.’
- ‘He builds his argument carefully and convincingly for intercultural literacy, pointing out that no culture exists in isolation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.