Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mutual relationship or connection between two or more things.‘analyses showing intercorrelations between sets of variables’
- ‘The significant intercorrelations among the mental health and family variables suggest that sexual victimization does not occur in a vacuum.’
- ‘Table 3 shows the intercorrelations of the 13 variables.’
- ‘The means, standard deviations, and intercorrelations among all variables used in the analyses are reported in tables 2 and 3.’
- ‘We calculated intercorrelations between variables using Pearson's correlation tests and Phi tests.’
- ‘The intercorrelation of parent disapproval of the youth's involvement in risk behavior and youth intentions to engage in sexual risk behavior was low, but notable.’
- ‘The next step consisted of calculating the internal consistency of each subscale to test reliability and compute the intercorrelations between the subscales and examine their associations.’
- ‘The intercorrelations between the seven significant independent variables were all less than r =.38.’
- ‘There were significant intercorrelations among the variables.’
- ‘The intercorrelations between all variables appear in Table 1.’
- ‘Scale intercorrelations from the French-speaking sample also did not change substantially in the constrained and unconstrained models.’
- ‘To adjust for intercorrelations among variables, we performed principal components analysis.’
- ‘Moderate intercorrelations between the sub-scales indicate that they are measuring distinct but related aspects of the work environment.’
- ‘The responses to the sexual arousal questionnaire were factor analyzed because of statistically significant intercorrelations among items.’
- ‘Table 2 depicts the intercorrelations of the dependent variables from the Canadian and the Chinese sample separately as well as within each gender group.’
- ‘Because of this, variables with high intercorrelations were removed from the analyses.’
- ‘Only the first principal component was retained in each case, and intercorrelations between the principal component for accuracy, confidence, and bias scores from the two question formats were computed.’
- ‘Factor analyses are applied to matrices of intercorrelations among observed score variables.’
- ‘Table 12 shows the intercorrelations between the factors reported in Table 11.’
- ‘Therefore, they developed a composite measure that was mathematically derived and calculated by using the intercorrelations of items within each domain.’
- ‘Table 1 shows the intercorrelations among the study's primary variables using 1994-1995 data.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.