Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mutual relationship or connection between two or more things.‘analyses showing intercorrelations between sets of variables’
- ‘Factor analyses are applied to matrices of intercorrelations among observed score variables.’
- ‘The next step consisted of calculating the internal consistency of each subscale to test reliability and compute the intercorrelations between the subscales and examine their associations.’
- ‘Moderate intercorrelations between the sub-scales indicate that they are measuring distinct but related aspects of the work environment.’
- ‘To adjust for intercorrelations among variables, we performed principal components analysis.’
- ‘Table 1 shows the intercorrelations among the study's primary variables using 1994-1995 data.’
- ‘Because of this, variables with high intercorrelations were removed from the analyses.’
- ‘Table 12 shows the intercorrelations between the factors reported in Table 11.’
- ‘The responses to the sexual arousal questionnaire were factor analyzed because of statistically significant intercorrelations among items.’
- ‘Table 2 depicts the intercorrelations of the dependent variables from the Canadian and the Chinese sample separately as well as within each gender group.’
- ‘The means, standard deviations, and intercorrelations among all variables used in the analyses are reported in tables 2 and 3.’
- ‘The intercorrelation of parent disapproval of the youth's involvement in risk behavior and youth intentions to engage in sexual risk behavior was low, but notable.’
- ‘The intercorrelations between all variables appear in Table 1.’
- ‘Only the first principal component was retained in each case, and intercorrelations between the principal component for accuracy, confidence, and bias scores from the two question formats were computed.’
- ‘Therefore, they developed a composite measure that was mathematically derived and calculated by using the intercorrelations of items within each domain.’
- ‘Table 3 shows the intercorrelations of the 13 variables.’
- ‘The significant intercorrelations among the mental health and family variables suggest that sexual victimization does not occur in a vacuum.’
- ‘The intercorrelations between the seven significant independent variables were all less than r =.38.’
- ‘Scale intercorrelations from the French-speaking sample also did not change substantially in the constrained and unconstrained models.’
- ‘We calculated intercorrelations between variables using Pearson's correlation tests and Phi tests.’
- ‘There were significant intercorrelations among the variables.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.