Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or conducted between communities.‘intercommunity relations’
- ‘Methods such as commemoration and healing, archiving, monuments and intercommunity interactions are suggested.’
- ‘Within the islands, there was intercommunity trading and even warring networks.’
- ‘The Great American Dream in recent times has become somewhat sterile, a colorless and neutral legal administrator of intercommunity conflicts.’
- ‘In the days ahead we shall make clear, in words and in actions, our commitment to ensuring that intercommunity relations in our city do not become another victim of this war.’
- ‘The attacks were accompanied by intercommunity divide on the ground that new followers of Jesus are abandoning their old communitarian norms, causing conflicts.’
- ‘Based on findings demonstrating an inverse relation between home-range size and intercommunity competition, we expected to find a similar relation in our study.’
- ‘Peru has benefited from over 30 years of development of native titles and territories in the context of a sometimes-supportive government and strong intercommunity organizations.’
- ‘The primary finding of the TF was the need for clear, consistent intercommunity and interagency coordination of the counterdrug-related intelligence effort.’
- ‘This reflects the general insulation of the community, where there are specific delineations between northern and southern Thais and where intercommunity outreach with other groups has been almost nonexistent.’
- ‘State governments continue to attach a high priority to maintaining law and order and monitoring intercommunity relations at the district level.’
- ‘Islamic activism and terrorism is not so evident in mature democracies where Islamic communities live in relative harmony, with perhaps the occasional intercommunity squabbles.’
- ‘The low frequency of accords involving more than two communities reflects the lack of intercommunity or regional organization, especially during the period covered by this study.’
- ‘Our technological advances have increased exponentially over a few centuries, but our intercommunity and interracial skills have improved little.’
- ‘The onus for initiating this particular intercommunity communication is on Dalits.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.