Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or conducted between colleges or universities.‘intercollegiate sports’
- ‘It recommends the establishment of an independent institute for intercollegiate athletics.’
- ‘His death caused the abolition of intercollegiate boxing as a major sport.’
- ‘Exposure during intercollegiate sports and military training was also calculated to the nearest hour.’
- ‘The sharp increase in the number of men's intercollegiate sports that have been dropped over the past 30 years is cited to prove the case.’
- ‘Over this 10-year period, approximately 6000 athletes were involved in intercollegiate athletics at the University of Minnesota.’
- ‘Three finalists were on campus this week to interview for the director of intercollegiate athletics position, following a two-month search process.’
- ‘Such an expectation is silly, at least absent evidence that male and female interest in participating in intercollegiate sports is equal.’
- ‘It is noteworthy, that their grades are higher during those semesters in which they are actively participating in intercollegiate athletics.’
- ‘They are also skeptical about intercollegiate athletics and campus activities related to distance learning.’
- ‘The closest he gets to the sports scene nowadays is covering intercollegiate athletics for the University newspaper.’
- ‘He explicitly asks why universities should conduct intercollegiate athletics in the first place.’
- ‘These range from intercollegiate athletics to veterinary medicine.’
- ‘Of particular concern, Carter says, is a dramatic increase in the amount of money going into intercollegiate sports.’
- ‘Even with record revenue flowing in, including new streams from cable channels exclusively covering college sports, most intercollegiate athletic programs lose money.’
- ‘Data were collected from intercollegiate athletes at five universities during the Fall 2000 semester.’
- ‘Topics span career services, partying behavior, intergroup relations, student health, resident life, academic counseling and intercollegiate athletics.’
- ‘The success of women's sport, and particularly intercollegiate basketball, brings with it other issues stemming from the corrupting effects of success and money.’
- ‘Briggs won back-to-back national intercollegiate titles and captained Harvard his senior year to a national title.’
- ‘Iowa State's intercollegiate athletics received NCAA certification in May.’
- ‘When we speak of intercollegiate sports, it is important to note that they have become so diverse that we must first group them into categories.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.