One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that can be exchanged.‘in this book, the word flavour is used interchangeably with aroma’‘in this area, goat meat and mutton are used interchangeably in cookery’
- ‘Consumer culture is forcing businesses to view them interchangeably.’
- ‘Both parsers essentially provide the same layout of source and libraries and therefore can be used interchangeably.’
- ‘If nothing else, the conversion process is teaching me how to think in both environments interchangeably.’
- ‘A growing number of owners of vacation homes are using their weekend retreats interchangeably with their first homes.’
- ‘We will use the words "function" and "method" interchangeably.’
- ‘He used both styles interchangeably in the brilliant performance.’
- ‘Both are used interchangeably for dust control and road-base stabilization.’
- ‘We used these two systems interchangeably in the characterization of the enlarged-eye phenotype described below.’
- ‘Indeed, these terms seem to be used interchangeably by some of the authors.’
- ‘Throughout the book, they are used interchangeably with paintings to plot the course of cubism's advance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.