One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that can be exchanged.‘in this book, the word flavour is used interchangeably with aroma’‘in this area, goat meat and mutton are used interchangeably in cookery’
- ‘He used both styles interchangeably in the brilliant performance.’
- ‘Both are used interchangeably for dust control and road-base stabilization.’
- ‘We will use the words "function" and "method" interchangeably.’
- ‘Consumer culture is forcing businesses to view them interchangeably.’
- ‘Both parsers essentially provide the same layout of source and libraries and therefore can be used interchangeably.’
- ‘We used these two systems interchangeably in the characterization of the enlarged-eye phenotype described below.’
- ‘A growing number of owners of vacation homes are using their weekend retreats interchangeably with their first homes.’
- ‘Throughout the book, they are used interchangeably with paintings to plot the course of cubism's advance.’
- ‘If nothing else, the conversion process is teaching me how to think in both environments interchangeably.’
- ‘Indeed, these terms seem to be used interchangeably by some of the authors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.