One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a stratum) be embedded among or between others.
- ‘The emeralds are found in black calcareous shales interbedded with limestones of Cretaceous age.’
- ‘Il is composed of gray, greenish shales interbedded with silty mudstones and siltstones.’
- ‘It contains over 50 chest beds which are interbedded with shales, carbonaceous sandstones and minor tuffs.’
- ‘They are interbedded with bioturbated muddy and sandy limestones, quartz-skeletal siltstones and sandstones.’
- ‘The section is dominated by quartzose grey and pink sandstone, interbedded with red-orange mudstones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.