Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing or acting between atoms.‘interatomic forces’
- ‘All protein atoms and directions of major interatomic currents are shown in figure 1.’
- ‘The graphs are colored such that the shading progresses from dark to light when moving from short to long interatomic distances.’
- ‘Here, distance is defined as the smallest interatomic distance between any two atoms in a pair of amino acids.’
- ‘Also considered are interatomic forces and valence, the theory of solids, collision problems, radiation theory and relativistic quantum theory.’
- ‘This means that molecules and organisms are held together by the tensile nature of interatomic bonds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.