Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The theory that there are two entities, mind and body, each of which can have an effect on the other.
- ‘The dualistic theory known as interactionism is most commonly associated with Descartes.’
- ‘Symbolic interactionism studies how humans interact symbolically with one another and with themselves, and in doing so make decisions about risk, themselves, and their actions.’
- ‘Hence interactionism violates physical closure after all.’
- ‘With the advent of interactionism and labelling theory in the 1960s, attention turned to the importance of societal reaction in constructing deviant or delinquent acts.’
- ‘Symbolic interactionism continued to flourish into the post World War II Era.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.