Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The theory that there are two entities, mind and body, each of which can have an effect on the other.
- ‘Symbolic interactionism studies how humans interact symbolically with one another and with themselves, and in doing so make decisions about risk, themselves, and their actions.’
- ‘Hence interactionism violates physical closure after all.’
- ‘The dualistic theory known as interactionism is most commonly associated with Descartes.’
- ‘With the advent of interactionism and labelling theory in the 1960s, attention turned to the importance of societal reaction in constructing deviant or delinquent acts.’
- ‘Symbolic interactionism continued to flourish into the post World War II Era.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.