Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to two or more states formally cooperating for military purposes.
- ‘It was, however, on the economic front that inter-allied relations were most important.’
- ‘The defense of sea routes became even more of a problem in the North in connection with the organization of strategic inter-allied transportation.’
- ‘An inter-allied conference met at Doullens, near Amiens, on 26 March.’
- ‘His commander was obsessed with inter-allied cooperation and Fredendall's open disdain was a direct challenge.’
- ‘Correspondingly, in the area of inter-allied shipping, Canada would make no such claim.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.