One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With earnest and eager attention.‘he gazed at her intently’‘everybody was listening intently’
attentively, closely, keenly, with fascination, raptly, earnestly, concentratedly, hard, studiously, fixedly, steadily, steadfastly, alertly, watchfully, observantly, carefullyView synonyms
- ‘He watches intently as the squad go over possible formations for tomorrow's game.’
- ‘She looked at him closely, peering intently at his face as if trying to read it.’
- ‘I can focus intently on things that fascinate me, to the exclusion of all other things.’
- ‘You have an ability to concentrate and work intently on anything which holds your interest.’
- ‘He set up the discussion and both he and the doctor listened intently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.