One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having intentions of a specified kind.‘it is hard to argue that Smith is ill-intentioned’‘the film is seriously intentioned and honourable in purpose’
- ‘No matter how credible, genuinely intentioned, or brilliant an aspirant is, if he does not fit into the caucus's agenda, he had better drop his ambition.’
- ‘Collating such an enormous volume of research would clearly be beyond even the best intentioned researchers planning to post a questionnaire.’
- ‘It has been widely accepted that a code of practice is essential if the act is to be implemented as originally intentioned.’
- ‘Your note mentions that a ban on hats is probably intentioned to enable security cameras to get a better look at bank robbers.’
- ‘The software is malicious and evil intentioned and is designed to steal something from you.’
- ‘He claims that his intentioned gold sales are primarily supposed to help poor countries in Africa.’
- ‘As the organization evolves, its primary goal often appears to be less educationally intentioned.’
- ‘Why do individuals' actions not always give on to their intentioned ends?’
- ‘Her present reversal of mood may either be humoring me or be genuinely better intentioned.’
- ‘The strange warrior's code forms the basis for all these films, whether intentioned or not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.