One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deliberately; on purpose.‘I didn't do it intentionally’‘I wasn't sure if it was intentionally funny or not’
deliberately, on purpose, purposely, purposefully, by design, knowingly, wittingly, consciouslyView synonyms
- ‘Honest people do not intentionally deceive others to their detriment.’
- ‘She flipped her mobile shut, walked past us and down the corridor, intentionally ignoring Alice and Tony.’
- ‘Thus a fire begun intentionally or negligently would not be covered.’
- ‘He intentionally got himself incarcerated to save his soon-to-be-executed older brother.’
- ‘That the deaths were not caused intentionally doesn't change the consequences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.