One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deliberately; on purpose.‘I didn't do it intentionally’‘I wasn't sure if it was intentionally funny or not’
deliberately, on purpose, purposely, purposefully, by design, knowingly, wittingly, consciouslyView synonyms
- ‘Honest people do not intentionally deceive others to their detriment.’
- ‘That the deaths were not caused intentionally doesn't change the consequences.’
- ‘Thus a fire begun intentionally or negligently would not be covered.’
- ‘He intentionally got himself incarcerated to save his soon-to-be-executed older brother.’
- ‘She flipped her mobile shut, walked past us and down the corridor, intentionally ignoring Alice and Tony.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.