Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A trembling of a part of the body when attempting a precise movement, associated especially with disease of the cerebellum.
- ‘Kinetic tremor, which occurs with voluntary movement, is either simple kinetic tremor or intention tremor.’
- ‘When seeking evidence of postural tremor, the physician asks the patient to extend the arms and perform the finger-to-nose or finger-to-finger movement to identify an intention tremor.’
- ‘She also was noted to have a mild intention tremor of the upper extremities.’
- ‘FXTAS is a neurodegenerative disorder with progressive intention tremor and cerebellar ataxia.’
- ‘A computed tomographic scan or an MRI is more important in cases of intention tremor, when strokes, tumors, and multiple sclerosis are suspected.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.