One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was somewhat intemperately expressed.’
- ‘Similarly, one who has excessive debts should repay them before intemperately contributing to charity.’
- ‘He did it harshly and probably intemperately in this case.’
- ‘His mother, Nina, drank and married intemperately.’
- ‘Certainly, the Home Office appears to have acted intemperately, launching an appeal against his successful asylum claim on the grounds of their own incompetence (they forgot to attend it).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.