One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Certainly, the Home Office appears to have acted intemperately, launching an appeal against his successful asylum claim on the grounds of their own incompetence (they forgot to attend it).’
- ‘Similarly, one who has excessive debts should repay them before intemperately contributing to charity.’
- ‘His mother, Nina, drank and married intemperately.’
- ‘It was somewhat intemperately expressed.’
- ‘He did it harshly and probably intemperately in this case.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.