One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or quality of being intelligible.‘being able to see a speaker can improve intelligibility’
comprehensibility, ease of understanding, accessibility, digestibility, user-friendlinessView synonyms
- ‘The main complaint about each was the lack of clarity - affecting not just the visual but intelligibility.’
- ‘They vary in clarity, intelligibility, accessibility of writing, and in the quality of their observations, conclusions, and recommendations.’
- ‘So, I do insist on maintaining intelligibility.’
- ‘The result is reduced clarity and intelligibility.’
- ‘The idea that accent determines intellect is totally bogus, and mistakes intelligibility for intelligence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.